Clothing Donation FAQs
1. What types of clothing do you accept?
We accept gently worn and/or new clothing, shoes and accessories such as purses, hats, scarves, ties, gloves and belts for men, women, teens and children.
2. Do you just have one drop off location?
Yes, our only drop off location is at New Circles, 161 Bartley Drive. Please bring clothing donations to our side entrance on Hobson Ave during our office hours.
3. Can you pick up from my house?
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to pick up donations from individual houses. If you are a retailer/supplier please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Do I have to make an appointment to drop off donations?
No, you do not need an appointment to drop off donations. You can come anytime during our office hours. However, if you have 25 or more large bags of donations, please contact email@example.com before coming.
5. Do you prefer the donations in bags or boxes?
Please use plastic bags. We request that donations are not donated in boxes, bins or suitcases.
6. Who does the clothing go to?
The clothing goes to individuals and families who are living on a low income and live in Flemingdon Park, Thorncliffe Park, Victoria Village, Taylor-Massey, and Oakridge – it is all free of charge for our clients. We also offer emergency-relief to those in shelters and others in Toronto who have an immediate need for clothing.
7. When do you accept spring/summer clothing and fall/winter clothing?
Spring & Summer: March 1 – August 31
Fall & Winter: September 1 – February 28
8. What is the closest intersection?
The closest intersection is Eglinton and Bermondsey or Victoria Park and O’Connor.
9. Do you provide tax receipts?
No, we do not provide tax receipts for gently worn donations. We can provide a letter of acknowledgement for tax purposes for new donations with tags and a purchase receipt. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
10. Do you have special events that you collect clothing for?
Yes, we have special events throughout the year. These include the Annual Prom Boutique, Back to School, Annual Suit Event and Spooktacular.